His Excellency Mr. Issam Abdulmohsen Almarzooq
Minister of Oil, Minister of Electricity & Water
Date of Birth
26 September 1959
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
from University of Southern California, 1982.
- Joined Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) as Mechanical Construction Engineer 1982- 1986.
- Joined Japan Gas Company (JGC) in Yokohama as Training Engineer in Design, Inspection and Estimation, as part of the training program for KNPC engineers 1984- 1985.
- Joined Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) as Planning Engineer 1986- 1989.
- Promoted as Senior Planning Engineer “for the Downstream Operations of KPC, which includes KNPC and Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) 1988.
- Held the position of General Manager at Kuwait Industrial Reﬁnery Maintenance & Engineering Company (KREMENCO) 1989- 1996.
- Joined Kuwait Shipbuilding 8a Repair Company (KSRC) as Board Director 1996- 1999.
- Joined Gulf Dredging Company (GDC) as Chairman and Managing Director 1999-2007.
- Family business in Kuwait and abroad 2007-2016.
- Chairman of the Board of Boursa Kuwait Company 2014-2016.
- Board Member of KPC 2015-2016.
- Minister of Oil, Minister of Electricity & Water and Chairman of the Board, KPC 10 December 2016.